Sunday, June 17, 2007

Parenthetically Back

If you're wearing a paper dress, don't swing too much.


I got an email from a fabulous blogger who asked for me to post and it was that perfect "guilt is gelt" jolt. It's been a very busy month or two. I have a bad art construction of braille and glue in the "Peace Tower" revival that Mark di Suvero has heroically pushed through the Whitney to Chicago's Cultural Center.

I took a great trip to St. Paul for more interviews with Lois Malone and got some great background on her work to bring the Grateful Dead to play at the "Som et Lumierre: Theatre at the Pyramids; in the video she says, "I loved those boys but the first night they were - I don't know, they were taking something. The next morning I went to their rooms and said, 'Listen, there are a lot of people who worked on this and you played like s@*^t." She said they played beautifully the next night which led to a long friendship, bridging continents.

I stayed with my old friend Tom .... more about him later but here's a portrait....


I'm going to do a full profile of Tom and his tribal collection perfectly installed on the crest of St. Paul's Mississippi bluff (a fox ran across the bluff, there infront of one of the famous homes and stopped and we had a conversation for five minutes).

Tom's Incredibly Beautiful Tribal Collection - More to come.

1 comment:

the sandwich life said...

not to pressure you....but it's great to have you back!!! Hope things are good....