Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Howard's Brief Respite from the Cold

Howard stopped in last night in the pouring cold and dropped off two tickets for the dress rehearsal of Cosi fan tutte tomorrow. How cool is that? He wouldn't take his coat off or scarf and he sat in the wingback and I had 2 minutes to sketch him. He was talking about the Lyric Opera's staging of this chestnut. He has a small super part as an injured soldier. I can't wait to see it. It's staged at the beginning of WWI. Edwardian dress in a great european hotel. The single reward for living through a midwestern winter is the arts in Chicago. The best.


"Howard in From the Cold"

Pencil on Paper, 6.75 x 6.75", February 6, 2007

I tried to upload this earlier and Google gave me a reject and instructed me to report the following sequence of numbers and letters when I submitted my complaint. I'm just wondering if anyone else thinks we're being led down a path to jumble land.

Here's the code they asked me to refer to:

bX-t8j6yl

Seriously. If I call Google Customer Support in Blog Land and I spend time talking about the loss of information, etc. how would you describe the phrase?

1 comment:

thesandwichlife.com said...

love the sketch and am jealous of your trip to the Lyric. Oddly enough I'm in the midst of researching info on productions of Cosi fan tutte.

There was a year or two when I lived in Chicago that a friend of mine worked at the Lyric and I got to go all the time....ahhhhh